- Disney’s health campaign strives to improve youth fitness
- March 26, 2014
The Walt Disney Company announced the launch this week of a multi-media initiative the Magic of Healthy Living campaign – designed to help parents keep their kids in shape and boost youth fitness in the United States, in partnership with First Lady Michelle Obama’s Let’s Move campaign in 2010.
Disney president and CEO Bob Iger said, “We are very proud in our long-term commitment to helping families achieve healthier lifestyles. The health of our kids is critically important and we are pleased to be doing our part to encourage smart eating and exercise.”
The campaign includes a further commitment from Disney to maintain certain nutritional standards in its food products and to associate its characters with more balanced diets, above and beyond the company’s previous pledges to provide good nutritional content.
Magic of Healthy Living offers printable activities that include cross body arm stretches, jumping rope and dance activities for your children to practice as far as improving the quality of physical exercise. Recipes are available for a healthy diet that includes rainbow ice cubes for sparkling grape juice and a great watermelon salad.
The initiative began with the Let’s Move campaign and both just celebrated their fourth year of helping new generations change their physical and emotional lifestyle and help reduce obesity. Being overweight can lead to chronic health problems such as heart disease, asthma and cancer. It can also lead to higher life insurance premiums.
- January 8, 2016 @ 22:54:36 [Current Revision] by Karla Sullivan
- January 8, 2016 @ 22:54:36 by Ashley Yong
- June 30, 2015 @ 05:55:26 by Ashley Yong
- September 10, 2014 @ 20:32:29 by Karla Sullivan
- May 28, 2014 @ 01:40:18 by Emily Miller
- April 10, 2014 @ 20:12:12 by Mary Beth Klatt
- March 27, 2014 @ 02:06:00 by Karla Sullivan
- March 27, 2014 @ 02:05:43 by Karla Sullivan
- March 27, 2014 @ 02:04:58 by Karla Sullivan
- Category: Articles Library, Life Insurance, More news, Videos
Life Insurance Quotes
Leave a Reply