- Life insurance for heart disease
- March 27, 2014
Recently, the American Heart Association conducted a study regarding risk factors associated with developing heart disease and how one can drastically cut down their risk of developing such disease.
Through their study, it was confirmed that regular exercise, a healthy (balanced) diet and several other common measures could cut a person’s chance of developing heart disease in half.
The nationwide study of more than 17,820 adults revealed that only two of those adults met all of the criteria for top-notch cardiovascular health.
Dr. Mark Urman, medical director of Cedars-Sinai Heart Institute’s Preventive and Consultative Heart Center said, “most Americans are generally not very healthy,” but added “the study confirms that individuals can take control of their health.”
The study highlights other heart disease risk-reducing factors such as getting at least 150 minutes of moderate exercise a week, being a non-smoker for at least one year and making sure your total cholesterol is below 200 milligrams per deciliter of blood.
It is strongly advisable for people with lower health conditions to purchase a life insurance policy that will ensure that all medications and treatments needed will be covered throughout their lifetime. A life insurance policy will also ensure that one’s loved ones will be protected in case something were to happen to the insured.
The Journal of the American College of Cardiology says every person should participate in a basic heart disease risk assessment, which includes information like a person’s cholesterol level, blood pressure and family health history. Doctors can use this tool in to predict the likelihood of heart disease.
- January 8, 2016 @ 22:14:20 [Current Revision] by Emily Miller
- January 8, 2016 @ 22:14:20 by Ashley Yong
- June 27, 2015 @ 03:52:20 by Ashley Yong
- September 5, 2014 @ 21:29:07 by Karla Sullivan
- September 5, 2014 @ 21:28:27 by Karla Sullivan
- May 27, 2014 @ 20:42:06 by Emily Miller
- April 10, 2014 @ 02:49:16 by Mary Beth Klatt
- April 10, 2014 @ 02:32:29 by Karla Sullivan
- March 28, 2014 @ 01:44:07 by Emily Miller
- March 28, 2014 @ 01:41:56 by mmatlock
- Category: Articles Library, Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Medical News, More news, Videos
Life Insurance Quotes
Leave a Reply